1. We want to highlight local authors and our local community. Authors with ties to the Wake Forest area are encouraged to submit their book. If that does not describe you, confirm with us that we will carry your title before shipping your books!
2. With consignment, tasks that are normally performed by publishers and distributors are now the responsibility of the bookstore and the author. We collect a non-refundable service fee of $10 for each different title (not each book) to help offset the labor required . We offer an Events Package that includes the consignment service fee plus an author event for $25.
3. Our pricing terms follow the book industry standard of 60/40, where 60% of the retail price (set by the author) is payable to the author, and 40% is kept by Page 158 Books.
4. We pay quarterly for book sales, by the end of the month following the regular Accounting Quarter (example: January/February/March is 1st Quarter). Payments for sales are usually mailed by the end of April, July, October, and January.
5. We prefer to stock no more than two books for a new title. When we sell these and need more, we will contact you. If you are scheduled for an author presentation, you will be asked to bring more books to sell during your presentation.
6. We review sales performance every six months. If, after a minimum six-month trial, we feel sales are too low, we will discontinue carrying your book(s), and ask you to pick them up at the bookstore. Books will be held for pick-up for two months, or until the consignor picks them up (whichever comes first). If the consignor fails to respond at the end of two months, books will be donated to Friends of the Wake Forest Library.
7. It is the author’s responsibility to notify us of any changes in mailing or contact information. It is the author’s responsibility to deliver new inventory and pick up any unsold inventory.
**Please note books published by CreateSpace (Amazon) require review before being accepted for consignment**
If these terms are acceptable, please feel free to drop off a completed, signed Page 158 Consignment agreement, the service fee, and two books. It usually takes five to seven days for books to be processed and put out on the shelves. If you should have any specific questions not addressed by these terms, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page 158 Books reserves the right to make any final decisions on accepting a book; if we feel we cannot successfully sell your book, we will notify you within 14 days and hold your books to be picked up.