Rick Riordan Presents: Aru Shah and the End of Time-A Pandava Novel, Book 1 (Pandava Series #1) (Hardcover)
In Warehouse, Usually Ships to Store in 1-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Pandava Series series.
- #2: Rick Riordan Presents: Aru Shah and the Song of Death-A Pandava Novel Book 2 (Pandava Series #2) (Hardcover): $16.99
- #3: Rick Riordan Presents: Aru Shah and the Tree of Wishes-A Pandava Novel Book 3 (Pandava Series #3) (Hardcover): $16.99
- #4: Rick Riordan Presents: Aru Shah and the City of Gold: A Pandava Novel Book 4 (Pandava Series #4) (Hardcover): $16.99
- #5: Rick Riordan Presents: Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality-A Pandava Novel Book 5: A Pandava Novel Book 5 (Pandava Series #5) (Hardcover): $16.99
Spring 2018 Kids’ Indie Next List
“Roshani Chokshi's foray into middle grade books is a fast-paced, thrilling quest bringing together Hindu gods with a character I loved deeply. Aru Shah is the perfectly imperfect heroine every middle grader needs. She's not rich, she's messy, she makes up stories to make her life seem better. But not even she can imagine that lighting the lamp her mother forbade her to touch would send her on the adventure of a lifetime. This is the perfect companion for lovers of Rick Riordan. In the first 100 pages alone, I laughed out loud multiple times. This book is a winner for all ages.”
— Shauna Sinyard, Park Road Books, Charlotte, NC
About the Author
Roshani Chokshi (www.roshanichokshi.com) is the author of the instant New York Times best-selling Aru Shah quintet. She also wrote the New York Times best-selling Star-Touched and Gilded Wolves series for YA readers, and The Last Tale of the Flower Bride for adults. Her next middle grade novel is The Spirit Glass, based on Filipino mythology. Rosh studied fairy tales in college and went to law school before she decided to pursue writing full-time. The Aru Shah books were inspired by the stories her grandmother told her as well as Roshani's all-consuming love for Sailor Moon. She lives in Georgia and says "y'all," but she doesn't really have a Southern accent. Follow her adventures on Instagram @roshanichokshi.
* "In her middle-grade debut, Chokshi spins a fantastical narrative that seamlessly intertwines Hindu cosmology and folklore, feminism, and witty dialogue for an uproarious novel for young readers. Chokshi comes into her own in this novel, reminding readers of the power of language and of stories."—Kirkus (starred review)
* "This series kick-off . . . also the first book from the Rick Riordan Presents imprint, expertly channels the humor and action that have made Riordan's own work so successful. Aru commands the spotlight . . . and Chokshi weaves an engrossing adventure that will leave readers anticipating the next installment."—Publishers Weekly (starred review)
*"Using Hindu mythology as the foundation, Chokshi has created an exciting adventure around a coming-of-age tale. Just as "Percy Jackson" led tweens to a deeper exploration and appreciation of classic Greek mythology, Chokshi's tale will likely inspire a similar demand for traditional Indian mythology. An enthralling start to a series that Riordan fans and anyone in the mood for a high-octane adventure will love."—School Library Journal