Lights, Camera, Bones (A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery #27) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 27 in the A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery series.
- #12: Bonefire of the Vanities (A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery #12) (Paperback): $22.99
- #14: Booty Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #15: Bone to Be Wild: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #17: Sticks and Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Paperback): $22.99
- #18: Charmed Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #19: A Gift of Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #20: Game of Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #21: The Devil's Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Hardcover): $26.99
- #22: A Garland of Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #23: Independent Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Hardcover): $26.99
- #24: Lady of Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Hardcover): $26.99
- #25: Bones of Holly: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Hardcover): $26.99
- #26: Tell-Tale Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Hardcover): $28.00
The latest novel in the series that Kirkus Reviews characterizes as “Stephanie Plum meets the Ya-Ya Sisterhood” featuring sassy Southern private investigator Sarah Booth Delaney.
Delaney Detective Agency gets a taste of the spotlight when they are called to a case on a movie set in Greenville, MS, right on the Mississippi River. Marlon Brandon, heir to a wealthy and influential political family, has brought a film crew to town to film a drama about the 1927 flood that submerged a great deal of Greenville. Marlon wants the world to know the story of the flood—and the heroic role the Brandon ancestors played in rescuing dozens of local residents from drowning.
Or at least that was the plan until he disappeared. If this weren't concerning enough, the situation appears even more dire when a severed foot is discovered in the Mississippi River, and clues indicate that Marlon may have fallen victim to a freak bull shark attack.
But as rumors swirl around the Delta about Marlon's motives for making the film, Sarah Booth and Tinkie have to wonder whether a shark is to blame, or an equally ferocious human offender. The show must go on, and Sarah Booth and her crew will have to investigate all manner of creatures, over land and sea, in order to solve the mystery and save the day.
About the Author
Carolyn Haines is the USA Today bestselling author of the Sarah Booth Delaney mystery series and a number of other books in mystery and crime, including the Pluto's Snitch paranormal-historical mystery series, and Trouble, the black cat detective romantic suspense books. She is the recipient of the Harper Lee Award for Distinguished Writing, the Richard Wright Award for Literary Excellence, and the Mississippi Writers Guild Lifetime Achievement Award. She is a former journalist, bartender, photographer, farmhand, and college professor and lives on a farm where she works with rescue cats, dogs, and horses.
“Haines shows Sarah at her madcap best back in her hometown in this clever adventure. This is crazy cozy with a little something for everyone: paranormal doings, plenty of Evanovich zaniness, and a cast of eccentrics.”
—Booklist on Bone to Be Wild
“Enjoyable…Jitty, the headstrong ghost who shares Sarah Booth’s family home, is just one of the many well-drawn characters who help bring this Southern tale to colorful life.” —Publishers Weekly on Rock-a-Bye Bones
"Distinctive characters and an atmospheric setting elevate this paranormal cozy. Series fans and newcomers alike will be satisfied." —Publishers Weekly on Game of Bones
"A dark mystery, effectively framed by its well-drawn Mississippi Delta setting." —Booklist on Game of Bones
"A sure pleaser in both the mystery and the romance department. If you like a satisfying cozy Southern whodunit, Charmed Bones fits the bill." —RT Book Reviews