Mary Poppins (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
- #1: Mary Poppins (MP3 CD): Email or call for price.
- #2: Mary Poppins Comes Back (Compact Disc): $55.00
- #3: Mary Poppins Opens the Door (Compact Disc): Email or call for price.
- #4: Mary Poppins in the Park (Compact Disc): Email or call for price.
- #5: Mary Poppins in Cherry Tree Lane (Compact Disc): Email or call for price.
- #6: Mary Poppins and the House Next Door (Compact Disc): Email or call for price.
This classic tale continues to enchant readers of all ages!
From the moment Mary Poppins arrives at Number Seventeen Cherry-Tree Lane, everyday life at the Banks house is forever changed. It all starts when Mary Poppins is blown by the east wind onto the doorstep of the Banks house. She becomes a most unusual nanny to Jane, Michael, and the twins. Who else but Mary Poppins can slide up banisters, pull an entire armchair out of an empty carpetbag, and make a dose of medicine taste like delicious lime-juice cordial? A day with Mary Poppins is a day of magic and make-believe come to life!
About the Author
P. L. Travers (1899-1996) was a drama critic, travel essayist, reviewer, lecturer, and the creator of Mary Poppins. Ms. Travers wrote several other books for adults and children, but it is for the character of Mary Poppins that she is best remembered.
MARY SHEPARD (1910-2000) was the daughter of Ernest Shepard, illustrator of the Winnie the Pooh books and The Wind in the Willows. She illustrated P. L. Travers's Mary Poppins books for more than fifty years.
"When Mary Poppins is about, her young charges can never tell where the real world merges into make-believe. Neither can the reader, and that is one of the hallmarks of good fantasy."--The New York Times