The Hard Way: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback)
Shop (Please call if you want to see if we have it in stock)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 10 in the Jack Reacher series.
- #1: Killing Floor (Jack Reacher #1) (Paperback): $9.99
- #2: Die Trying (Jack Reacher #2) (Paperback): $9.99
- #3: Tripwire (Jack Reacher #3) (Paperback): $9.99
- #4: Running Blind (Jack Reacher #4) (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: Echo Burning (Jack Reacher #5) (Paperback): $9.99
- #6: Without Fail (Jack Reacher #6) (Paperback): $9.99
- #7: Persuader: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #8: The Enemy: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #9: Jack Reacher: One Shot (Movie Tie-in Edition): A Novel (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #11: Bad Luck and Trouble: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #12: Nothing to Lose: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #13: Gone Tomorrow: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #14: 61 Hours: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #15: Worth Dying for (Compact Disc): Email or call for price.
- #16: The Affair: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #17: A Wanted Man: A Jack Reacher Novel (Large Print / Paperback): $28.00
- #18: Never Go Back: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #19: Personal: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #20: Make Me: A Jack Reacher Novel (Abridged / CD-Audio): $14.99
- #21: Night School: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #22: The Midnight Line: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #23: Past Tense: A Jack Reacher Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #24: Blue Moon: A Jack Reacher Novel (Large Print / Paperback): $31.00
NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER
Jack Reacher was alone, the way he liked it, soaking up the hot, electric New York City night, watching a man cross the street to a parked Mercedes and drive it away. The car contained one million dollars in ransom money because Edward Lane, the man who paid it, would do anything to get his family back.
Lane runs a highly illegal soldiers-for-hire operation. He will use any tool to find his beautiful wife and child. And Jack Reacher is the best manhunter in the world.
On the trail of vicious kidnappers, Reacher learns the chilling secrets of his employer’s past . . . and of a horrific drama in the heart of a nasty little war. He knows that Edward Lane is hiding something. Something dirty. Something big. But Reacher also knows this: He’s already in way too deep to stop now. And if he has to do it the hard way, he will.
About the Author
Lee Child is the author of nineteen New York Times bestselling Jack Reacher thrillers, ten of which have reached the #1 position. All have been optioned for major motion pictures; the first, Jack Reacher, was based on One Shot. Foreign rights in the Reacher series have sold in almost a hundred territories. A native of England and a former television director, Lee Child lives in New York City.
"A Reacher novel is the closest thing to guaranteed joy short of a honeymoon."—Rocky Mountain News
"Reacher, a former Army military police major, is a character like no other. Intuitive, independent, indomitable - he walks softly and carries a very big stick."—The Biloxi Sun Herald
"Plenty of suspense writers play the tough-guy-with-a-heart-of-gold card, but Child is indelibly skillful, quickly sketching intriguing characters as he drops bombshell after bombshell. With its taciturn but engaging hero and almost unbearably prolonged tension, The Hard Way makes reading easy indeed."—The Miami Herald
"In The Hard Way, Reacher is better than ever."—Contra Costa Times
"Fans...will find themselves hanging onto their armchairs for dear life. The Hard Way is a breathless, well-paced thriller."—Denver Post
“Nine red-hot books ago, Lee Child concocted the rough, tough Superman of the crime-busting genre, as smart and charismatic as he is unbeatable. And then Mr. Child broke the mold. Early next week (why delay good news?), Reacher returns in this series' 10th installment, The Hard Way. It's one more labyrinthine story that takes off like a shot: as usual, Mr. Child has you at hello.”—Janet Maslin, The New York Times
"Plunges Reacher into one of his most challenging-and thoroughly engrossing-adventures to date."—Publishers Weekly, starred review
"Like all the best thrillers, this one is about more than pace--the narrative propels you forward with a locomotive’s thrust, but Child never loses sight of the small detail or the human fabric."—Booklist, starred review
"[Child] shows again his mastery of the thriller.... Jack Reacher may know the time to the minute without a watch and bring justice to bear wherever he goes, but this time he doest it the hard way, sweating the details and working the clues.... Tension builds through the plot twists to another riveting finish."—Library Journal, starred review